This wiki has been automatically closed because there have been no edits or log actions made within the last 60 days. If you are a user (who is not the bureaucrat) that wishes for this wiki to be reopened, please request that at Requests for reopening wikis. If this wiki is not reopened within 6 months it may be deleted. Note: If you are a bureaucrat on this wiki, you can go to Special:ManageWiki and uncheck the "Closed" box to reopen it.
From Simply Vanilla
This page gives an overview of the history of the server Simply Vanilla. The format of the dates is year-month-day . This is not the timeline of ingame events. For that go to Events.
- 2019-05-29 Launch of SimplyVanilla.net minecraft server and discord server
- 2019-07-27 Team Chats were temporarily implemented
- 2019-07-28 Server Donations are now open
- 2019-08-20 Voting actually works this time!
- 2020-02-09 Server is taken offline after a hacker "deleted everything"
- 2020-09-18 The server re-opened
- 2020-09-26 Server is Rolled back to 2019-09-17
- 2020-09-23 Beautifulz stated the server currently costed 80$ a month
- 2021-02-17 Temporary Map 1 was live
- 2021-02-18 Server moved to NA and world border increased to 400k
- 2021-04-01 Temporary Map 2 was live on hardcore mode + 1hour ban from death plugin
- 2021-05-06 Beautifulz stated the server currently costed 224$ a month
- 2021-06-23 Beautifulz started a temp map for the 1.17 update on the server (parallel to the main map). It crashed the main map and corrupted some chunks (at spawn).
- 2021-07-04 Temporary Map 3 with version 1.17.1 went online for a couple hours in preparation for main map update. 
- 2021-08-15 Beautz updates the server to 1.17.1
- 2021-08-16 Beautz reverts to 1.16.5 because the server was not stable enough and rolled the map 24h back. Some new players also built a lag machine the same day and got banned for it shortly after.
- 2021-11-02 The Server comes back online after having been offline due to invoice issues with OVH
- 2021-12-10 The Server is shut down to prevent player exploiting the Log4j vulnerability.
- 2021-12-11 The Server is updated from 1.16.5 to 1.17.1
- 2022-02-15 The Server is shut down for several days due to invoice issues: "OHV fucked up the invoice and is trying to charge me $2000 instead of $200. I have to call them tomorrow and get it sorted out, till then the server will be offline." (Beautifulz in Discord announcements)
- 2022-02-19 Beautz posted an offer to sell the server on reddit 
- 2022-02-22 The Fall of Simply Vanilla.
- 2022-03-01 NetherWhal bought Simply and is the new owner
- 2022-03-05 NetherWhal updated to 1.18.2
- 2022-03-02 The server is back online - plugins are slowly restored over the next few days and order is re-established* 2022-03-11 Implord34 and Jakersfal join the staff team as Advisor* 2022-05-22 Max flight height is now restricted to Y level 1023 in all dimensions
- 2022-06-26 1.19 Warden Hunt Challenge begins
- 2023-03-27 NetherWhal updated to 1.19.4