From Simply Vanilla
This page gives an overview of the history of the server Simply Vanilla. The format of the dates is year-month-day . This is not the timeline of ingame events. For that go to Events.
- 2019-05-29 Launch of SimplyVanilla.net minecraft server and discord server
- 2019-07-27 Team Chats were temporarily implemented
- 2019-07-28 Server Donations are now open
- 2019-08-20 Voting actually works this time!
- 2020-02-09 Server is taken offline after a hacker "deleted everything"
- 2020-09-18 The server re-opened
- 2020-09-26 Server is Rolled back to 2019-09-17
- 2020-09-23 Beautifulz stated the server currently costed 80$ a month
- 2021-02-17 Temporary Map 1 was live
- 2021-02-18 Server moved to NA and world border increased to 400k
- 2021-04-01 Temporary Map 2 was live on hardcore mode + 1hour ban from death plugin
- 2021-05-06 Beautifulz stated the server currently costed 224$ a month
- 2021-06-23 Beautifulz started a temp map for the 1.17 update on the server (parallel to the main map). It crashed the main map and corrupted some chunks (at spawn).
- 2021-07-04 Temporary Map 3 with version 1.17.1 went online for a couple hours in preparation for main map update. 
- 2021-08-15 Beautz updates the server to 1.17.1
- 2021-08-16 Beautz reverts to 1.16.5 because the server was not stable enough and rolled the map 24h back. Some new players also built a lag machine the same day and got banned for it shortly after.
- 2021-11-02 The Server comes back online after having been offline due to invoice issues with OVH
- 2021-12-10 The Server is shut down to prevent player exploiting the Log4j vulnerability.
- 2021-12-11 The Server is updated from 1.16.5 to 1.17.1
- 2022-02-15 The Server is shut down for several days due to invoice issues: "OHV fucked up the invoice and is trying to charge me $2000 instead of $200. I have to call them tomorrow and get it sorted out, till then the server will be offline." (Beautifulz in Discord announcements)
- 2022-02-19 Beautz posted an offer to sell the server on reddit 
- 2022-02-22 The Fall of Simply Vanilla.
- 2022-03-01 NetherWhal bought Simply and is the new owner
- 2022-03-05 NetherWhal updated to 1.18.2
- 2022-03-02 The server is back online - plugins are slowly restored over the next few days and order is re-established* 2022-03-11 Implord34 and Jakersfal join the staff team as Advisor* 2022-05-22 Max flight height is now restricted to Y level 1023 in all dimensions
- 2022-06-26 1.19 Warden Hunt Challenge begins